Hey Everybirdy,

  A little Merritt Island NWR rundown as my co-worker and  I took a spin
around the place.
  Biolab Rd:

  Not too much, but there were scattered mixed flocks of  Dunlin, Greater
Yellowlegs, Killdeer, Sanderlings and even a few Lesser  Yellowlegs.  Several
Red-breasted Mergansers and a Common Loon in Mosquito  Lagoon.

  Blackpoint Drive:

The Mom Eagle was observed tearing some fresh flesh and  feeding one of the
eaglets from near the  entrance.
Stop 2 had a small flock of about 10 Hooded  Mergansers
Stop 4 had several various aged Spoonbills.
  Stop 7, 3 or 4 Great Black-backed Gulls and a mix of  Caspian and Forster's
Terns with 20+ Herring Gulls and Laughing and Ring-billed  Gulls.  30+ Least
Sandpipers, 100+ Dunlin
  Stop 8:  30 American Avocets, 8 White Pelicans, 40 or so  Spoonbills 10+
Great Black-backed Gulls

  Yesterday I counted 23 Marbled Godwits on West Gator  Creek, today there
was a little more water there and no shorebirds at all.   Apparently they hopped
acroos the street to Pumphouse.

  Behind Pumphouse is where all the action is at the  moment.

  On the right hand side: were the most Pintails I've seen  together all
season long numbering at least 1000.  100+ Green-winged Teal,  30+ American
Avocets. 50+ White Pelicans. Lined up along the far banks   were a few thousand
Dunlin, much lower numbers of Short-billed Dowitchers, Least  and Western
Sandpipers.
  On the left hand side:  10+ wood Storks. A large  mixed feeding flock of
Egrets and Herons.  15+ Red Knots. 300+ Western  Sandpipers. 30+ Sanderlings.
2000+ Dunlin. 150 Black Skimmers.  Didn't walk  far enough out to decipher the
gulls and tern numbers.  A Northern Harrier  skimmed the mud flat and had
everyone up which was quite a sight, but they  settled down rather quick as if to
say "oh, it's only you!"

  There were also decent numbers of Northern Shovelers  here and there
throughout the day I should add.  Only found a handful of  Ring-necked Ducks today.
  Did ride along Peacock's Pocket yesterday and found the  water to be quite
high.  Not very many ducks, in fact very few.  It  was mostly waders and
Coots, and it's still a fairly rough ride in some  spots.  Did see one Blue-winged
Teal nursing a roughed up wing, that will  either become a summer resident or
a gator meal.
  See you all at the festival!

Thomas J. Dunkerton
Titusville, Florida