I found a first winter Glaucous Gull early this afternoon at Huguenot
Park in Jacksonville. The bird was located a few hundred yards away on
a sand bar north of the north point of the park. The distance was so
great that the identification was not conclusive till the bird flew and
I had a clearer view of the primaries. The bird ended up on a sandbar
much closer to the south end of Little Talbot Island and about an hour
later I had a much better view from there. There was a very large
number of gulls and terns on these sandbars all morning during low
tide. If you plan to look for the bird at high tide try the jetty area
at Huguenot first.

A Parasitic Jaeger was also seen offshore chasing gulls.

Bob Richter
Baker County