Thanks to all who responded re the pics of the Numenius I posted earlier.
On first sight I considered Whimbrel because of the bill, but for the reasons set out by Bruce Anderson, it was indeed a Long-billed Curlew, albeit with a short bill!
At one point it was flushed and clearly showed buffy brown underparts and wing linings.

Other sightings of interest were 4 Whooping Cranes to the right on the way in, 2 Caracaras and a Snail Kite hunting very near to the shore

Terry Donovan
Windermere