We have recently replaced SI with a wonderful support
called Peer Led Team Learning - information at
http://www.sci.ccny.cuny.edu/~chemwksp/index.html
This requires that students participate rather than
passively listen to an SI Leader review and explain.
There is room for that, of course, but each session
includes team participation to solve problems and
work through information...we see it as providing
an opportunity for students to engage more than
they were in SI.

Carol McPhillips

Coordinator, The Learning Center
Daemen College