-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of McConnell, Antoinette
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 4:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Use of Learning Center Funds linked to Tutors

Hello:

 A few questions:

1)       Outside of tutor pay, training, conferences, workshops, and
related stipends, will anyone offer suggestions about ways to use budget
funds related to the

      Learning Center's tutors.  Our Learning Center lost some tutorial
funding last year, we think because it was not spent soon enough.  Any
ideas?

2)       We are open to unique ideas for promoting and getting students
from across campus to use of a Learning Center?   We promote in classes,
the student

      union; tutor presentations; First Year Experience collaboration in
courses, at university programs, the brochure and website, etc.  We are
grateful for unique         ideas offered.

3)       Finally, the Director of NEIU Learning Center, Katherine
Gleiss-Monar needs to know how to join the list serve and receive the
journal.  She became a

      NCLCA member months ago.

Thanks.

Antoinette McConnell, M.A.

Coordinator, Academic Development Resources/Initiatives

Project Success Program, Instructor

Northeastern Illinois University

5500 North St. Louis Avenue

Chicago, Illinois  60625-4699