-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Marcie Carter
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 11:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Dropping a course within a Learning Community

Good Morning all,

I am working with our Learning Community Advisory Board on an issue in
regard to students who enroll in a learning community and then decide
they want to drop one of the courses.

The group is struggling with the overall effect that has on the
community and whether the student should be de-enrolled from the
remaining community courses.

Have any of you dealt with this issue?  What resolutions have you
determined work for students?

We are struggling with the effect this may have on financial aid and
completion ratios.

Marcie A. Carter
Interim Bridge Program Director
Delta College
University Center, MI  48710
989-686-9163

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be silent if no birds
sang except those that sang best."
-Henry Van Dyke

browser to