Additionally,

As a new coordinator, I've also have received many of the tutorial
videos that accompany the various math series.

I've also requested from each publisher's permissions department
permissions letters allowing our LC to make VHS copies and loan them out
to students.  Students appreciate being able to view the videos at home.

Each publish request different information.  Some want to know
instructors names, number of students, course ID, ISBN, duration of
material usage.

Tina

Tina Sayler
Learning Skills Coordinator
Hutchinson Community College
Hutchinson, Kansas 67501
620-665-3369

>>> "Tiefenbruck, Brenda F." <[log in to unmask]> 2/14/2007 9:41
AM >>>
Other tips -
Also be specific that you are using these for your tutors' benefit and
not
to circumvent the students at your school from buying the texts.
Be aware that small book publishers may turn you down. COMAP used to
"decline the opportunity".
Also check with adjuncts who no longer teach that course. They may have
book back on a shelf that isn't being used by them this term.
Lastly, I pulled a student study guide at the instructor's request last
year
because it contained too many errors.

Brenda Tiefenbruck