-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Maher, Pat
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 1:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Storylines about Professional Life

"A Hope in the Unseen"  by Ron Suskind

http://www.ronsuskind.com/hopeintheunseen/

We have our students read this in our Learning Strategies course.
Everyone loves it, students and instructors alike.  We have developed a
nice series of reflective questions for students to help them think more
personally and deeply about this story of Cedric Jennings and his
journey from Ballou High School in Washington DC to Brown and beyond.
Inspiring non fiction that reads like fiction but is a powerful story.

Pat

Patricia Maher, Ph. D.
Director, Learning Assistance Services
University of South Florida