Hi all,
It sounds like some of you may be interested in a great little book I
found that I use with my teacher education candidates (as they seem to
perpetuate langauge lore). Anyway, it is put out by Penguin and the title
is Grammar Snobs are Great Big Meanies: A Guide to Language for Fun and
Spite. The author is June Casagrande. It has great chapters like "Snobbery
Up With Which You Should Not Put,"Copulative Conjunctions: Hot Stuff for
the Truly Desperate," and "I'm Writing This While Nakes--The Oh-So-Steamy
Predicate Nominative."
Diana Bell

"To do things for students that they can do for themselves is not
generosity but impatience." (Mina Shaughnessy)

Dr. Diana C. Bell
Academic Resource Center Director
136 Madison Hall
University of Alabama in Huntsville