Hello,

I am a tutor coordinator at a 2 year college. We tutor math from Pre-
Algebra thru College Algebra and also Technical Math and Accounting. My
question is does anyone have any suggestions on how I can refresh and
upgrade my tutors content knowledge?

For example, A student needed help with solving a word problem in Algebra.
The tutor knew how to get to the answer, but only with shortcuts. The
student still did not understand when she left.

What can I provide or do to help my tutors understand that they need to go
step by step and not skip. I know there are multiple ways to solve a
problem, but how can we satisfy every professor when all of them have
their own way of teaching their class.

One thing I thought about doing is to have them sit in an Algebra class
for 30-60 minutes a week. However, it sounds like they will be doing the
same thing as SI facilitators, and we already have that program at my
campus.