-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lefevre, Vicki G.
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 3:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: suggestions for novels

A Place to Stand is beyond powerful--it is Jimmy Santiago Baca's
autobiography. Baca is primarily a poet, and this memoir is beautifully
crafted and so compelling. I have never met a student yet who did not
enjoy the experience of reading this book. Furthermore, Jimmy will
sometimes answer emails from students.

Vicki Lefevre
Ohio Dominican University