-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Frances Loeffler
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 9:30 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: computerized placement testing

I am researching computized placement options for a urban communnity
college that is currently using ASSET.  If you are using either
COMPASS or ACCUPLACER, I would appreciate your input on the following:

1.  What test do you use?

2.  Is it effective in placing students in developmental and college
level
mathematics courses?

3.  Do you administer a Writing Sample in addition to the placement test

in writing skills?

4.  Is the placement test effective in placing students in developmental

or college level English courses with and/ot without a writing sample.

Thank you for your assistance.  I am willing to share the information I
receive, if you are interested.

browser to