Chapman University

Center for Academic Success

The Chapman University Center for Academic Success is looking for a
Tutor Administrator.  The successful candidate will manage all aspects
of the tutoring program. Coordinate resources for the program and define
qualifications of peer tutors and tutor coordinator. Recruit, hire,
train and supervise more than ninety peer tutors. Set objectives and
develop policies and procedures for the program. Communicate with
department chairs and faculty regarding to the policies of the program,
candidates and materials. Create and implement training workshops in
accordance with the goals, policies and procedures of the program.
Develop and update tutor-training materials.  Assess the needs of
students who are on academic probation or provisional acceptance. Design
with student a plan for academic success and conduct bi-weekly meetings
to follow up on their progress. Record the academic progress and
achievements of students in the program.

A Master's degree in a related field or equivalent combination of
education and experience is required. Experience is needed in providing
learning resources and working knowledge of diverse learning strategies
and skills, including but not limited to, time management, study
reading, note taking, memory devices and test taking strategies.
Knowledge of higher education issues relating to academic under
preparation, retention programs and academically venerable student
populations.

About Chapman University

Chapman University is the largest independent university in Orange
County and is comprised of eight schools and colleges: the George L.
Argyros School of Business and Economics, the School of Communication
Arts, the School of Education, the Dodge College of Film and Media Arts,
the School of Law, the School of Music, the Wilkinson College of Letters
and Sciences, and the University College.  Nationally, Chapman is
recognized for its selectivity and value among the top comprehensive
universities in the Western U.S. Chapman is ranked in the top-tier of
western region masters universities in U.S. News & World Report:
America's Best Colleges.

Interested persons should file an application on the Chapman University
Web Site, http://web.chapman.edu/HR/jobListing/
<http://web.chapman.edu/HR/jobListing/details.aspx?job=999-PS>  .
Please submit 2 copies of resume and/or application with Job No. and two
copies of salary history.  APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT SALARY HISTORY IN
ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.

For additional information please visit our website at www.chapman.edu
<http://www.chapman.edu/> .

We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing career
opportunities to all people, without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran
status

Lynn Mayer, EdD

Director - Center for Academic Success

Chapman University

Orange, CA 92866

Phone #: 714-997-6857

FAX #: 714-744-7699

What if the question is not why am I so infrequently the person I really
want to be, by why do I so infrequently want to be the person I really
am?  (Oriah Mountain Dreamer)