Hi SOCNETers,

I've been using centrality measures like degree centrality,
betweenness centrality and closeness centrality for analysis in a
social network to measure importance for the case of finding
communities.  However, these centrality measures do not take into
account the weights of an edge between two nodes.  As well, I've been
using k-cores, cliques as indicators of structures of community.
However one of the things is that we can have strength of community
and community may be defined by the number of interactions among its
members (taking into account edge weights).

Are there any social network analytic measures that do take into
account the weights of an edge?  I couldn't seem to find any, and if
so, do they exist in UCINET and Pajek?  If there any references or SNA
books that I should look into that look at edge weights, I'd be happy
to know about them.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Alvin