Hi all,

I tried for the Hammond's fly this morning from dawn until about 0730
and again from 1530 until 1615.  Conditions were windy in the
afternoon but not too bad in the hammock.  I believe the bird is
still in the vicinity.  It is unlikely that it arrived in late
January.  It will likely winter here, but apparently it will not be
easy to find.

Other interesting sightings:

AM
American woodcock - 2 displaying predawn en route to the hammock
Bachman's sparrow - 1 singing predawn

PM
Grasshopper sparrow - 2 along the trail past the turn off to the camp
site.
Field sparrow - 1 along the trail near the turn off to the camp site.
Eastern palm warblers - along the trail.

David Simpson
Fellsmere, FL