The long walk in at Hal Scott this morning about 9:30 rewarded Emily Bever and I will short, but good looks at the Hammond's Flycatcher.  Momentarily I had it in the scope with an E. Phoebe just behind it-nice size comparison.  We were probably about 50 yards off the road in the wooded area.  The Phoebe was calling, not the Hammond's.

Also enjoyed seeing many Br.-headed Nuthatches, Backman's Sparrow,  Red-cockaded Woodpecker, Downy, Y-bellied Sapsucker, Red-bellied, lots of Pine and Palm Warblers, Titrmouse, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, etc.

In the afternoon rain showers we observed the Glaucous Gull at the Volusia Landfill.  I wondered how anyone could find it with the thousands of gulls there, but it certainly did stand out!

Phyllis Mansfield,
Cocoa Beach

Every Day an New Adventure