       Turning food into fuel is quite a heavy issue. Maybe we
have a societal virus, and are spiraling into anthropological
self-destruction?

--Or perhaps (hopefully) we have just developed quite a strange
way of perception, excluding ourselves from our environment, our
place within the ecological cycle. Waste it seems is the real
issue.  Our wastes are not looked upon as having any value at all,
whereas in an ecosystem ones biological waste is another's
dinner.
But how does this relate, how can we turn our wastes into fuel?

Put it back in the cycle!

1. Archaea. can turn animal feces, among other organic wastes into
methane gas (yes humans are animals) There are already LNG and CNG
cars capable of running on methane gas.

2. Algae. can use the elemental nutrients found within our sewage
waters coupled with the power from the sun (photosynthesis) to
produce lipids, which can be turned into biodiesel.

~Just two ways to bring our excessive excrement back to the
biological base.

-scott J.E.

--
SCOTT JAMES EDMUNDSON