On another note.

Our wonderful commissioner Bronson said:
?Research I have seen on blue-green algae says that may be the
very one that?s going to take over biodiesel because you can make
so much diesel out of that blue green algae and we can grow a lot
of that in Florida. So I think we are going to lead the nation in
that.?

*First of all, blue-green algae is a misnomer. They are actually
blue-green bacteria (Division: Cyanobacteria)

*Almost all of the recorded species of blue-greens do not produce
significant amounts of triglycerides, the lipid that would be
desirable for conversion into biodiesel

*And finally, blue-greens produce cyanotoxins, poisonous to
humans, livestock, and aquaculture systems.

Why would you want to promote the use of these organisms as a
fuel?

-disclaimer: Spirulina maxima is an exception in not producing
cyanotoxins and is actually a food source with quite wonderful
possibilities.

-s.j.e.

--
SCOTT JAMES EDMUNDSON