Hello, all!  I have just joined your listserve and I look forward to some insightful exchanges of conversation and information.  I wanted to give a brief intro to all of you of who I am and what areas of renewable energy I am most involved with.

Basically, I am the ag/natural resources extension agent for Sarasota County.  I have a Ph.D. in agroecology and a M.S. in agronomy.  I have work and research experience stretching from subsistence to organic to high tech (e.g., center pivot) farming.  Now I am focused on extension programs that focus on small farms and sustainable agriculture.

For example, I an organizing a workshop on April 27-28, 2007 that is called the 2007 Small Farm and Alternative Enterprise Workshop (see http://sarasota.extension.ufl.edu/2007smallfarm.htm).  I have invited Dr. Ann Wilkie to speak at it and she has graciously accepted.  I am very happy to bring the message about energy conservation and regeneration along with our other themes of direct marketing, niche enterprises and sustainable agriculture.  I especially want small farmers to feel that they too are part of the solution to the energy crisis.  Many of the attendees will be beginning farmer or farmer want-to-be folks.  With Dr. Wilkie's assistance, I hope to guide them to start their operations with renewable energy solutions to their production challenges.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing the conversation . . .

robert

Robert A. Kluson, Ph.D.
UF/IFAS-Sarasota County Extension
6700 Clark Road
Sarasota, FL  34241
(941) 232-3090
FAX (941) 861-9886

*FYI*
If you type "sustainable agriculture" and "economic development"
together as keywords in Google engine search, you will get

If you type "sustainable agriculture" and "natural resources"
together as keywords in Google engine search, you will get