The Soil and Water Science Department is very happy to announce that

this year's David H. Hubbell Seminar speaker will be Dr. Sridhar

Komarneni, Distinguished Professor of Clay Mineralogy at Penn State

University. Among other recognitions, Dr. Komarneni received the 2005

Soil Science Research Award presented by SSSA. For more background

information on Dr. Komarneni, see his website:

http://cropsoil.psu.edu/people/faculty/komarnenis.cfm
<http://cropsoil.psu.edu/people/faculty/komarnenis.cfm>

Seminar:          Novel Synthetic Clays for Remediation of Metal Ion

                  Contamination

Speaker:          Dr. Sridhar Komarneni, Distinguished Professor of

                  Clay Mineralogy, Penn State University

Place:            282 Reitz Union

Refreshments:     10:30 am, March 26, 2007

Seminar:          11 am, March 26, 2007

Dr. Komarneni works in application of novel materials to remediation of
metal ion contamination, and we hope that his seminar will be of
interest to many. Attached is a flyer about the seminar.

Please mark your calendars for this important event!

We will schedule time for a series of meetings with faculty and staff.

For more information, contact Andy Ogram, Soil and Water Science
Department --> [log in to unmask]