I was able to steal away from the family for a couple of hours Sunday
afternoon for some much needed outside time. Because of the wind I hit
the somewhat sheltered Lake Munson Preserve.

Highlights were:
Tree Swallow (1000+ low over the lake)
Purple Martin (10+)
Golden-crowned Kinglet (4+)
Black-and-white Warbler (1)
Orange-crowned Warbler (1)
Bald Eagle (imm.)

I was nearly attacked by a Red-shouldered Hawk while doing my screech
owl call. He dove on me to within 10 ft and swooped up quickly. My
call must be getting much better.

Later I hit Robert White Williams Birding Trail, but there was nothing of note.

Keep looking up!
Rob Lengacher