Yesterday evening, 2/28, I found 1 White-winged Scoter and 5 Surf Scoters flying in to the Tomoka Basin in Tomoka State Park in Ormond Beach while looking for the Eared Grebe with David Hartgrove. This morning I again found the White-winged Scoter in the Basin, but could not locate the Surf Scoters. They were mixed in with about 1000 Lesser Scaup. There was no sign of the Grebe.

In addition, several Parula Warblers were singing at dawn in the oaks of the park.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Sciene Center
Ponce Inlet