Dear Colleagues,
I am working with a two mode (affiliation) network data. Mode one is
projects and mode two is individuals.
For calculation of centrality measures, I am using the measures suggested by

"Centrality in affiliation networks by Katherine Faust"
However, main hypothesis of my study deals with comparing network closure
and structural holes arguments.
I am unable to find any study which provides Burt's constraint measure for
affiliation networks.
Does anybody know an approach to calculate constraint measure for
affiliation networks. Or is there a study which demonstrates the bias which
may result from calculating the constraint measure from unipartite
projection at the individual level.
Thanks very much for your help,
-Param

Param Vir Singh
Doctoral Student
Management Science (IS)
University of Washington Business School
University of Washington, Seattle
Phone: (206)-616-9705 Fax:(206)-543-3968
http://students.washington.edu/psidhu