I have to concur with Joshua on that one. It is more a matter of saying
- to know social networking in Toronto is to be plugged in to the facebook
network, not that Toronto is particularly significant in terms of social
networking.

Now, that notwithstanding, I'm happy that my city went with the classy
Facebook over the more tastelessly noisy MySpace.

Also, people in Toronto are very nice, but also very reluctant to be
open/friendly in public. I think that Facebook's requirement that you be a
student (at least in the early days) helped kickstart this kind of social
networking in Toronto, where people would have been more reluctant to join
an open network like MySpace. But of course, that's all speculation.

BERNiE, who's still not on facebook, but does so vicariously through his
partner.

Bernie Hogan
Research Coordinator, NetLab
PhD Candidate, Department of Sociology
University of Toronto

I received a message from Joshua O'Madadhain at approximately 4/23/07 12:29
PM. Above is my reply.