Hi Tucker,

The default compile of "statnet" for Windows is in 32 bits (See
http://www.csde.washington.edu/statnet). However it could be recompiled for
64bits if this were desirable. Presumably, however, this is not the
intrinsic problem.

The error message suggests that R is asking for more than 2Gb of RAM for the
network. In our experience this occurs when the network is very, very large.
For such networks the restriction will likely be numerically computing power
rather than memory for most model fits. If the network is small it indicates
an odd model specification issue (this is quite rare).

There is a dedicated user threaded mailing list for "statnet" that is
subscribeable at http://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/statnet
Please send some details of the network and the command that asked for the
large memory allocation to that group.

There is a lot of tutorial information on "statnet" on the website
http://www.csde.washington.edu/statnet including example code.
We are also doing a workshop on it at the Sunbelt Conference next Wednesday
morning.

Best,

Mark

for the "statnet" team

Mark S. Handcock
Professor of Statistics
Department of Statistics, C014-B Padelford Hall
University of Washington, Box 354322     Phone:  (206) 221-6930
Seattle, WA  98195-4322.                 FAX:    (360) 365-6324
Web:  www.stat.washington.edu/~handcock
internet:  [log in to unmask]