One additional thought.  There are other ways to prove when something
was received other than a date stamp.  We used the scan or document date
in our ECM system as the received date in a number of applications at
ND.  We had a procedure that said the document date was date received.
Employees were trained to use the appropriate date and we followed it as
a standard procedure.

Bill R