posted for Gail Menk:

RE: GROUND DOVES, GADSDEN COUNTY

A posting by Eddie White, Gadsden County, of a Common Ground Dove
nest on his property containing FOUR eggs I should think is of
important ornithological interest. Some field guides I've consulted
reveal that at large, such egg clutches are usually limited to TWO,
sometimes three eggs while the Stevenson/Anderson BIRDLIFE OF FLORIDA
states that "there may be no records of 3-egg nests in Florida".
As of 3  APRIL, EW was hosting three apparently healthy ground-
dove nestlings. Let's wish them well.

                          --(Mr.) Gail E. Menk
--

Fran C. Rutkovsky