7AM-12noon - Birding/Nature Festival Drive-thru Guana FWC.

Hi all
  Participants drove through the FWC at Guana this morning led by  Matthew
Hortman.  We struggled with rain and wind, but still managed a  wonderful day.
The rain let up by around noon (when the trip was  nearly over) and a few
stragglers (Tunia Todd, Laura Johanssen and I) decided to  stay and work on
warblers.  The partial list below of neat birds are a  combination of the day,
which ended at 3pm.  I'll put a star by the  warblers that were unfortunately
missed by the trip participants.
  Thanks to all for a fun day.
diane reed
st.augustine, fl.

White pelicans (several flocks)
Roseate spoonbill
Bald eagle
Northern harrier
Merlin
Wild turkey
Sora (heard)
Spotted sandpiper
Least tern
Great horned owl
Chimney swift
*Ruby-throated hummingbird
Belted kingfisher
Great-crested flycatcher
Purple martin
Brown-headed nuthatch
*Ruby-crowned kinglet (many)
Gray catbird
White-eyed vireo
Red-eyed vireo
Blue-headed vireo
Northern parula
*Black-throated blue warbler
Yellow rumped warbler
Yellow-throated warbler
Pine warbler
Prairie warbler
Palm warbler
*Black & white warbler
*American redstart
*Prothonotary warbler
*Worm-eating warbler
Common yellowthroat
??Yellow-breasted chat (would not come out in the rain)
*Summer tanager
*Blue grosbeak
American goldfinch

*seen by extended group after field trip