I banded a Northern Waterthrush, first for the season,
this AM.  It arrived in the net from the south at
0930.  Last season I did not catch any in the spring.
Also had a Worm-eating Warbler and Yellow Palm
Warbler.  The many Prairie Warblers that were in the
park have left.  Still quite a few Gray Catbirds
around and an increase in the number of Blue-headed
Vireos right now.  A Chuck-will's Widow called from
between the canal and powerline road at 0630.  The
summer Common Nighthawk is also back since a week ago
today.  No telling what all were hiding from the wind,
though.

A juvenile Cooper's Hawk perched itself right above
one of my nets and no amount of prodding by 2 Blue
Jays for over 30 minutes would deter that Coop from
it's spot.  Only the arrival of a Red-shouldered Hawk
urged it to another tree to the west and finally it
headed out of the area.  Fun to watch the interaction
of the jay and hawk.

M Wilson
Ormond