posted on behalf of Gail Menk:

NICE FOURSOME AT SAN LUIS MISSION PARK

On 24 April, I recorded a male Rose-breasted Grosbeak, a Yellow-billed
Cuckoo, a singing Wood Thrush and, best of all, a SWAINSON'S THRUSH, my
first-ever inland record for spring; with sun at my back, the latter
showed uniform gray-brownish upper parts down to tip of the tail (no
rufous tail) and buffy face marks and eye ring.  The last report I recall
of a Swainson's during spring at SLMP was one seen and actually heard
singing by David Harder on 29 April, 2000.

The park has hosted many a rarity in past years.  Perhaps Charles
Hartley will find another Black-billed Cuckoo there in due time?

                                    ----(Mr.) Gail E. Menk
--

Fran C. Rutkovsky
Tallahassee, FL