Hey everyone,

Chris Newton and I headed to Ft. DeSoto for a repeat Tuesday performance
yesterday.  As usual, birds listed below also include those seen between
I-275 and the park:

Pied-Billed Grebe
Brown Pelican
Magnificent Frigatebird (1)
Anhinga
Double-Crested Cormorant
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret
Little Blue Heron
Tricolored Heron
Snowy Egret
White Ibis
Roseate Spoonbill
Wood Stork
Mottled Duck
Lesser Scaup
Redhead (1, male)
Turkey Vulture
Osprey
Cooper's Hawk
Merlin
Peregrine Falcon
Common Moorhen
American Coot
Laughing Gull
Ring-Billed Gull
Royal Tern
Eurasian Collared-Dove
Mourning Dove
Common Ground-Dove
Yellow-Billed Cuckoo (quite a few, some along the entrance road)
Common Nighthawk (heard only)
Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Loggerhead Shrike
White-Eyed Vireo
Red-Eyed Vireo
Yellow-Throated Vireo (2)
Blue-Headed Vireo (2)
Fish Crow
House Wren
Sedge Wren (1, near the cell tower)
Ruby-Crowned Kinglet (1, EBW picnic area)
Veery (1, Mulberry area)
Swainson's Thrush (2)
Gray-Cheeked Thrush (1, EBW picnic area)
Wood Thrush (2 or 3, Mulberry area and EBW)
Gray Catbird
Northern Mockingbird
Cedar Waxwing
European Starling
Blue-Winged Warbler (2 feeding each other, EBW)
Northern Parula (3-5, Mulberry, EBW, Arrowhead, Fort)
Cape May Warbler (EBW, Fort, Mulberry, Arrowhead)
Black-Throated Blue Warbler (same locations)
Palm Warbler
Prairie Warbler (1, Arrowhead)
Blackpoll Warbler (lots, EBW, Arrowhead, Fort)
Cerulean Warbler (1 female, Fort picnic area - a LIFER for me!)
Black-and-White Warbler (lots, multiple locations)
American Redstart (a few, Mulberry, EBW and Arrowhead)
Worm-Eating Warbler (2, EBW)
Common Yellowthroat
Kentucky Warbler (2, Mulberry, EBW)
Northern Waterthrush (EBW, Arrowhead)
Louisiana Waterthrush (1, EBW picnic area)
Ovenbird (Mulberry, EBW, Arrowhead
Swainson's Warbler (1, mangroves next to cell tower, brief but decent looks
for my LIFER!)
Hooded Warbler (a few, EBW, Arrowhead, Mulberry)
Scarlet Tanager (Mulberry)
Summer Tanager (Mulberry, Arrowhead)
Blue Grosbeak (Mulberry, EBW)
Indigo Bunting (everywhere)
Northern Cardinal
Bobolink (6 birds along Arrowhead trail, maybe the same 6 birds Gallus saw)
Orchard Oriole (Mulberry)
Baltimore Oriole (Mulberry, Arrowhead)
Red-Winged Blackbird
Common Grackle
Boat-Tailed Grackle
House Sparrow

Birds that were reported but we missed included Chestnut-Sided Warbler, and
Black-Throated Green Warbler.

Ft. DeSoto County Park is located on Mullet Key off the southern tip of
Pinellas County, south of St. Petersburg.

Good birding!

John Thomton
Orlando, Orange Co.