Hi Bruce & All,

The very best book is* /Birds of the West Indies/* by Herbert Raffaele,
Wiley, Garrido, Keith & Janis Raffaele. Princeton University Press,
2003. This is not to be confused with the well worth having: /*A Guide
to the Birds of  the West Indies, */same authors*, *same publishing
house, but is older 1998 & just a little to large to put in your pocket,
but has much more text.

Wes Biggs
 Orlando