  Subject:  Ft. DeSoto birding on 042207

  Ft. DeSoto
  042207; 0900-1200
  Weather: Clear, sunny, breeze out of E-SE, temp-mid early to mid 70s
  Observers: Mark Baserap & David Laliberte plus many other birds

  Mark and I observed the following birds at Ft. Desoto this morning.  At the end of the list is listing of species that we unfortunately did not see.

  Comment:  The place was just hoping with bird migrants, especially the Mulberry trees & water fountain –Tanagers, Orioles, Buntings, etc., etc.  The place was also hopping with birds which made it all the better.

  I managed to get several pix with my camera gear.  I just got home and so have not had time yet to look at these images but will post the links in a day or so.

  Semipalmated Plover
  Least Sandpiper
  Laughing Gull
  Morning Dove
  Yellow-billed Cuckoo
  Red-bellied Woodpecker
  White-eyed Vireo
  Gray-cheeked Thrush
  Wood Thrush
  Catbird
  Northern Mockingbird
  Blue-winged Warbler
  Black-and-white Warbler
  Prairie Warbler
  Chestnut-sided Warbler
  Palm Warbler
  Black-poll Warbler
  Black-throated Blue Warbler
  Northern Parula
  Kentucky Warbler
  Hooded Warbler
  Ovenbird
  American Redstart
  Scarlet Tanager
  Summer Tanager
  Osprey
  Brown Pelican
  Rose-breasted Grosbeak
  Indigo Bunting
  Baltimore Oriole
  Orchard Oriole

  Reports of species by other birders – not seen by us
  Acadian Flycatcher, Prothonatary Warbler, Swainson’s Warbler, Worming-eating Warbler, Louisiana Waterthrush

  Happy birding,

  David Laliberte
  St. Pete, FL