Hello, All.

Fellow birder Ellen Rocco was checking out the
shorebirds hanging out at Lake Davis and wrote me a
note:

> ...and over near that little island-a female ruddy
duck. Or am I crazy?

I haven't noticed a Ruddy around for a while so I ran
by tonight. Sure enough, there she was right at the
eastern shore. Anyone have a latest date for Ruddys in
Central Florida?

Also, I haven't mentioned that 2 nights ago I had a
pair of Blue-winged Teal at Greenwood a couple blocks
away.

Spotted Sandpiper numbers have increased and I found
the same species of shorebirds mentioned at Lake Davis
in a previous post over at nearby Lake Lancaster which
is also suffering very low levels at the moment.

Andrew Boyle
Orlando, FL