  Subject:  Ft. DeSoto birding & pix on 042407 (Tuesday)

  Hi all:

  Yesterday, Tuesday, I did a run to Ft. DeSoto to look for the spring bird migrants; the place was not as busy with birds or birders as it was last Sunday.

  Ft. DeSoto
  042407; 0730-1030
  Weather: Clear, sunny, breeze out of E-SE, temp-mild early to mid 70s
  Observers: David Laliberte plus many other birders
  I observed the following birds at Ft. Desoto this morning.  At the end of the list is listing of species that I unfortunately did not see.

  Comment:  The place had fewer migrants compared to two days ago on Sunday. I visited  the Mulberry trees & water fountain and East Beach woods.  This list may not be totally complete:

  Brown Pelican
  White Ibis
  Laughing Gull
  Morning Dove
  Red-bellied Woodpecker
  White-eyed Vireo
  Swainson's Thrush
  Catbird
  Northern Mockingbird
  Black-and-white Warbler
  Black-poll Warbler
  Black-throated Blue Warbler
  Worm-eating Warbler
  Northern Parula
  Hooded Warbler
  Ovenbird
  American Redstart
  Scarlet Tanager
  Summer Tanager
  Rose-breasted Grosbeak
  Indigo Bunting
  Baltimore Oriole
  Orchard Oriole

  Reports of species by other birders – not seen by me included:
  Acadian Flycatcher, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Prothonatary Warbler, Swainson’s Warbler, Louisiana Waterthrush.  Following this message are the links to some of the pix that I took Tuesday morning at Ft. D

  Happy birding,

  David Laliberte
  St. Pete, FL

  http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dllaliberte/detail?.dir=10edre2&.dnm=d7cfre2.jpg&.src=ph