A morning of birding at Turkey Creek was slow and fairly unproductive, with few birds visible.   7 warbler species were seen, the best being Prothonotary.  Also saw a Blue Grosbeak and a Yellow-billed Cuckoo.

My friend Carol and I stopped at Lori Wilson in the afternoon and found only 8 of the 14 species of warblers reported by Al Brayton and Jim Stahl earlier in the day.  In addition we also saw a female Painted Bunting, a Blue-headed Parakeet, and a BLACK-WHISKERED VIREO, a lifer for Carol! That helped to dispel the jet-lag after arriving home from two weeks in Ecuador!

Phyllis Mansfield,
Cocoa Beach