Van: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Namens
Jack Iwashyna
Verzonden: Monday, May 07, 2007 10:27 PM
Aan: [log in to unmask]
Onderwerp: Advice on Simulation Software for Networked Agents

Colleagues,

I am interested in conducting simulations of networked agents.

In particular, I would like agents to be able to:
  - have wide variety of different states (say be able to take on a
value from 1 to 100, integers)
  - update their states based on both interactions with other networked
agents
  - update their states based on the results of draws from probability
distributions

as well as, but less importantly:
  - have decision rules for when they should implement new connections
or disconnect from other agents

Any recommendations?  I imagine doing this across a scale ranging
from 20 agents to 10,000 networked agents, each having one to very
many connections with other agents.

(Ideally, such a program would also be easy to use, easy to output
the results for statistical analysis, and have great documentation,
too.)

I appreciate your help.

  Jack

--
Theodore J. Iwashyna, M.D., Ph.D.

Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care
Department of Medicine
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania

email: [log in to unmask]