I have computed the geodesic distances for all possible dyadic combinations
of actors in a network. The network is not completely connected and thus for
some dyads, there is no path between them. Theoretically, the geodesic
distance between two such actors is infinity. One approach would be to drop
dyadic observations with an infinite path length from my analysis and treat
them as missing data. However, I am looking for suggestions about assigning
an actual value for distance (or a transformation thereof) for such dyads so
they do not fall out of my analysis. I would appreciate any and all help
from the list. Thanks.

Corey

Corey Phelps, PhD
Asst. Professor, Management & Organization
University of Washington Business School
Box 353200
Seattle, WA 98195
(206) 543-6579