  At hi noon today, Wed, Chadda and I saw some interesting birds but not
the Spindalis. However, an Audubon group saw it at 5:30 PM yesterday.
  Highlites: Rose-breasted Grossbeak (f), Baltimore Oriole (imm),
Black-whiskered Vireo, and 4 warblers (Redstart, Bk-th Blue, Parula, &
Blackpoll) all at a ficus with berries 45' S of the red taped palm
marking a Red-bellied WP nest on the E side of the board walk.  We also
saw a Thrush (Swainson's?) beyond the tower. There is a Screech Owl nest
near the S door of the nature center - look for the sign on the railing.
  Note: the centers operations are 9 - 4 and the gate at the S end of the
boardwalk is locked as we found out yesterday but the gate to the main
parking lot is only half closed.  A volunteer suggested you try to sweet
talk the watchman into letting you onto the boardwalk.

John & Chadda Shelly
Boca Raton