Apparently Barn Swallows are not common nesters in Orange County. Earlier in the week I found a nest with nestlings under the bridge on Clapp Simms Duda Road (the road out to Split Oak Mitigation Area) in the southeasterly corner of the county. There were at least four Barn Swallows and a dozen Northern Rough-winged Swallows hanging out by the bridge, but I could find only the single nest.

Jeff Hole
Orlando