Hello all,
Ralph Bird and I made a swing through Merritt Island NWR this morning before the rains set in.  We primarily were looking for shorebird habitat to scope,and found a few good pockets.  19 species of shorebirds included the usual suspects and the following:
5 Stilt sandpipers, alt plumage
4 Wilson's Plover
1 American Golden Plover, basic plumage, Pumphouse area
many Spotted Sandpipers, alt plumage
NOT seen were Whimbrel, still a nemesis county bird.  It shows up Monday through Thursday only!

Also of possible interest:
1 Bonaparte's gull, looking hot and late by itself on a sandbar
1 Lesser Scaup female, Black Point
3 Gull-billed Terns, pumphouse

"cramming" for Point Pelee in 11 days,
bob