Hello, All.

Had to be a play that the boys were in by 11 so I had
to cut my day short for once. Of course, once I left
the Summer Tanagers managed to find the nets. Birds
dig me, but Tanagers only get in the nets once I am
not at Wekiva.

Go figure.

By the time I left we had 15 birds processed. I think
that the  totals will show Common Yellowthroats stole
the day with a lot of female and first-year males
trailing the breeding males we had been catching the
previous weeks.

Other migrants were Ovenbird, a Black-throated Blue
Warbler, American Redstart, and Northern Waterthrush.

We caught a couple of other species that are difficult
to sex in many times of the year but the brood patches
made it evident that the Great-crested Flycatcher and
Blue-grey Gnatcatcher were breeding females.

One female Cardinal with brooding patch was also
banded.

Other birds seen/heard in my 3 hours were:

PIleated Woodpecker
Chuck-wills Widow
Barred Owl
Eastern Towhee
Tufted Titmouse
White-eyed Vireo
Northern Parula
Short-tailed Hawk
Mourning Dove
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Fish Crow
Blackpoll Warbler (right over the banding table)

As I was heading out, I heard an Eastern Meadowlark.
The first I have ever heard that close to the banding
area.

Maybe we can round up a Connecticut Warbler for
Mother's Day.

Andrew Boyle
Orlando, FL