This afternoon we observed a Pair of Adult Magnificent Frigatebirds (Male and Female) hunting up and down the Channel, north and south of the Matlacha Bridge in Matlacha Sound.  These are our FOTS for the Matlacha Area.

Additionally there was a very Late Barn Swallow, in the company of an equally late Bank Swallow migrating North alongside the edge of the Mangroves.

Also Seen were a Feeding Female Red-Breasted Merganser (VERY Late for this Area), and a Great-Crested Flycatcher Hawking for insects from a Channel Marker !

Gary C. Hampton
Sandra H. Hampton
Cape Coral, Florida