Hi all,

Despite living in Brandon now for over three years, I assume that I am
the only person here who had not seen House Finches in Hillsborough
County. I chased them all over eastern Hillsborough this winter &
spring, missing them at every chance. This morning, my wife hollared
for me that there were two small birds on the feeders in the back yard.
i figured they would be Titmice, but yes - there they were - a male &
female House Finch going to town on the large feeder! They switched off
to a smaller feeder, but did not fly off despite our presence on the
lanai. Hopefully they are nesting nearby and will become frequent
visitors. By the way - they were Hillsborough County bird # 280! I love
getting county birds in my back yard.
Good birding!

Dave

David Goodwin