Hey Everybirdy,

  Had some fun today.  After dropping off the Mrs.  and Giacomo who headed NY
bound for 11 days, I meandered over to Mead  Gardens.  Caught up with the
monthly survey gang there.  Was nice to  put a few faces to names, now the test
will be to match them up next time I  see'em! Ha!  Will Bob become Bill and
Alan become Joe, we'll have to wait  and see!
  Was somewhat quiet but plenty of Titmice around.   Both Screech and Barred
Owl were seen (not by me of course!)  Redstarts,  House Finches, Wood Ducks,
and all had great looks at a female Ruby-throated  Hummingbird tending her
nest, I believe it was found the previous week by  Brenda?  Sorry if I got the
credit wrong.
  Headed off to my old Orlando stomping ground, Lake  Lotus.  Just beat the
rush of parties renting the pavillions for the  afternoon.  Found several
Northern Parulas, a Purple Gallinule,  Red-shouldered Hawk but it was somewhat
quiet as I expected being the mid  afternoon.

  Decided to make the haul to Viera Wetlands.  Least  Bitterns everywhere.  A
pair of Black-bellied Whistling Ducks in the north  click pond as well as in
cell 1.  A few Black-bellied Plovers on the sod  field on Wickham along with a
pair of Sandhill Cranes with a fledgling.  A  lone Rough-winged Swallow.
Spent quite a bit of time observing the Purple  Martins feeding their young.
Amazing how many dragonflies can be caught in  such a short time!
  Only shorebirds on the click ponds were Black-necked  Stilts.  One Least
Sandpiper on south side of cell 1.  8+ Spotted  Sandpipers along the banks of
the center lake.  Least Terns.  One  raggedy looking Caspian Tern.  3 Wood Ducks
flew out of cell one into the  pasture.  One Caracara in the pine near the
entrance to the wetlands area  as well as one sitting in the sod field west of
the click  ponds.
  That's it in an eggshell!

See you out there!

Thomas J. Dunkerton