Hey Everybirdy,

  Drove Shiloh Marsh this afternoon and I could count the  sandpipers on all
my fingers and toes.  Needless to say it's pretty bad,  not the fingers and
toes but the lack of birds!  The one surprise was a  pair of Red-breasted
Mergansers just north of shiloh 3 intersect, which I guess  puts it in Volusia
County.

  Hit Biolab and my first sight is the pump at the north  end running like
Niagara Falls into the impoundmnets.  Why?  I haven't  the slightest idea.  It's
official, all the impoundments are running as  high, if not higher, than when
the ducks are here.  Go  figure.
  Anyway, same story as Shiloh, slim pickins along the  Mosquito Lagoon.
Semipalm piper here and there.  The flood waters  have not fully engulfed the
tail end of Biolab, so there are a few shallow pools  left.  About 1/4 to 1/2
mile before you hit National Seashore Road, on the  west side, the RED-NECKED
PHALAROPE hanging with a handful of Semipalmated  Sandpipers and interestingly
enough, the first Semipalmated Plovers I'd seen all  afternoon.

  Cell phone was kaputz otherwise I'd have placed a call  or two sooner.
Watched it for over an hour.  The Turkey Vultures and  speeders were the only
disturbance to this bird.  It bounced back and forth  between two small circular
ponds.  Finally one last Turkey Vulture flyover  and westward it went.  It
landed about 200 yards out in another pool.   I wouldn't be surprised if it
bounced back, but there's no telling what the  water level will be out there by
tomorrow.

  I posted a quick pic on my New Stuff gallery, will  surely have more later
tonight, so feel free to check'em out, both digiscoped  and DSLR.
_http://upload.pbase.com/image/79101356_
(http://upload.pbase.com/image/79101356)

See you out there!

Thomas J. Dunkerton