  Subject:  Common Myna in Port Charlotte; 5/20/07

  Hi all,

  This morning, Sunday, After reading the report of the Common Myna at the Bed, Bath & Beyond store in Port Charlotte, I decide to run down there to see this bird.  I figured that with the report of a nest that finding this would be a sure bet.  I did get several pix of the Myna and its nest in the Bed, Bath & Beyond store sign.  The Bed, Bath, and Beyond store is located in a strip mall at the NE corner of Veterans Highway and US41 in Port Charlotte.  In route back to I-75 from Port Charlotte I spotted a lone Sandhill Crane along the road so I stopped and grabbed some pix of that guy.

  The following information contains a summary of my notes and the links to some of the pix that I took this morning.

  SPECIES:  COMMON MYNA
  DATE:  052007
  TIME:  1000-1030 (EDT)
  LOCALITY:  FL, Charlotte Co. Port Charlotte-Bed, Bath & Beyond sign
  WEATHER:  upper 70's, very slight breeze, sunny-clear, dry conditions, light.
  HABITAT:  Bath & Beyond sign (strip mall) & parking lot.
  SPECIES INFO:  2 Individuals - mated pair with nest in BB&B sign
  OBSERVERS:  DL Laliberte, John Herline

  Happy birding,

  David Laliberte
  St. Pete, FL