My week has been busy with family concerns, so I haven't had a chance to check out my camera shots.

I finally got around to downloading some photos taken earlier this week in various Pinellas County locations.
One of the raptor species I photographed must be a Mississippi Kite!  The only other time I've seen that species was several years ago in Texas on a trip with Ed Kwater, a group of them roosting in a tree.

The kite perched for about 2 minutes and then flew away. Luckily, I had my camera with me.  I was unable to relocate it.

If someone can give me an indication of the kite's approximate age/sex, I would appreciate it.

Click on the following link to see my photos:

http://www.pbase.com/skimmer/idhelp

Thanks.

Irene

Irene Hernandez