Dear Florida Birders,
        I just finished Geoff Hill's book Ivorybill Hunters, documenting last season's research and findings in the Choctawhatchee River Basin, mostly in Walton County.  It is interesting reading, and I hope the results of this season's research will be on the web soon.  It has inspired me to plan another visit there.  Last November I heard the double knock and kent calls, and I think I saw one fly across the river.  Apparently persistence over many miles of the river/flood plain gives one a fair chance of seeing or hearing it.
    Don Ware, Choctawhatchee Audubon Society, Bird Count Coordinator