I hope that the tree-butchers realize that:
1. The trees take the brunt of hurricane winds. Now without trees, they are
more vulnerable to hurricane winds than before.
2. The trees shade the house. Their electric bills this summer will be
higher than ever.
3. The trees provide our beautiful birds and other wildlife with shelter and
often food and the homeowners will be significantly impacting the
biodiversity in their neighborhood. The more biodiversity an area has, the
healthier it is.
4. Trees provide anchors in the soil, helping to avert erosion and the
consequent degradation of the vegetation.
5. Trees are carbon sinks; that is, they sequester carbon (helping prevent
the explosion of carbon into the atmosphere, a significant source of
'greenhouse gases' leading to climate changes). With the forests being cut
down globally at an unprecedented rate, we surely need every tree still left
on the planet!
6. Trees are beautiful and add value to an otherwise unattractive
monoculture of grass commonly called 'lawn'.
7. Trees provide oxygen. I don't know about the rest of you, but I haven't
learned how to breathe carbon dioxide or how to extract oxygen from
water....and I don't think any of us humans ever will.

Just my thoughts about it...
Sandy Koi
Fort Lauderdale